[TriZPUG] application deployment

Tobias McNulty tobias at caktusgroup.com
Sun Sep 29 21:22:58 CEST 2013

We're big fans of supervisord [1] at Caktus and use it nearly all of our
deployments.  In our case, we use it to run Gunicorn [2] and any related
services needed for our apps, but it should work just as well for any WSGI
server that you might want to run.  It installs easily on most Linux
distributions and has a flexible, compact syntax for specifying how to run
a service (at least when compared to an old fashioned init script).  As an
added bonus, it's even written in Python.

Good luck!
Tobias

[1] http://supervisord.org/
[2] http://gunicorn.org/

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Jim White <jbw2003 at earthlink.net> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I took the web programming class  this summer and have written my first
> web app using Flask. It works great using the development server, but am
> having problems with deployment. I tried mod_wsgi and that worked on one
> server but got segmentation faults on another.
>
> Next I have moved to wsgiref. I have written a startup script to run in
> the /etc/init.d directory of my server and can start and stop using the
> service command. The problem I have is that my service stops when I close
> the shell.
>
> Would appreciate any suggestions for writing a linux startup script to run
> wsgiref or otherwise a good way to get my program running as a service.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
> --
> James B. White