[TriZPUG] TriPython September 2013 Meeting: Web2Py

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Mon Sep 23 20:31:37 CEST 2013

On 8/26/2013 7:36 PM, Chris Calloway wrote:
> When: Thursday September 26 7pm
> Where: Bull City Coworking, 112 S. Duke St., Suite 6, Durham
>
> http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/sept-13-mtg

This is to remind you of this week's meeting, our first at Bull City
Coworking, and to inform you that due a death in the family, the speaker
and topic for this month's meeting has changed. Thanks to a last minute
catch by Jim Allman, we are going to have this most excellent meeting:

Join us as Jim Allman of Interrobang Digital Media gives a quick tour of
web2py, the open source, full-stack web framework for building modular
and portable web apps. We'll take a quick tour of its features,
technology, history, and community. Then we'll look under the hood of a
fairly simple web2py app, a browser for phylogenetic trees from the Open
Tree of Life project. Along the way, we'll look at web2py's plugin
architecture and how to integrate Twitter Bootstrap for a modern,
responsive user interface. Lightning talks, 5 to 10 minutes
extemporaneous expositions on a topic of interest to you, something you
recently learned, kind of like a show and tell, are always welcome as
well. We'll be meeting for the first time at Bull City Coworking. Please
see the parking instructions on the BCC website. A wide variety of
possibilities for the after-meeting are within steps of BCC.

To thank Jim for his rescue of our meeting this month, Jim wins a free
ticket to the All Things Open conference courtesy of Todd Lewis. Thanks
Jim and thanks Todd. We also have another ticket to give away at the
meeting!

http://www.allthingsopen.org/

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530