[TriZPUG] TriZPUG June 2013 Meeting: Your Talk Featured Here

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri May 31 18:15:38 CEST 2013

When: Thursday, June 27, 7pm
Where: SplatSpace, 331 W. Main St, Durham (The Snow Building, in the
basement)

http://trizpug.org/Members/cbc/jun-13-mtg

To announce a talk for this meeting, send an email with your topic to
the TriZPUG email list. As always, unannounced lightning talks are
always welcome. Lightning talks are 5 to 10 minutes extemporaneous
expositions on a topic of interest to you, something you recently
learned, kind of like a show and tell. We'll be meeting at Splatspace, a
non-profit member-supported workshop and hacker meeting place.
Splatspace is located in the basement of the Snow Building at 331 W.
Main St. in Durham. Parking (free exit after 7pm) is in the back of the
building in the lot off Ramseur St. on the downtown Durham loop (one
way, approach Ramseur from W. Main St. or W. Chapel Hill St.. If you
arrive after 7pm, please call 919-704-4225(HACK) to be let in the door.

Please note, I will be at PyOhio PyCamp during this meeting. Please
organize amongst yourselves. If you come up with speakers, I will be
glad to amend the announcements. But, I've been working on a couple of
guides. One is for making meeting announcements. The other is for
emcee-ing a meeting. Here's what I've got so far for emcees, which
you'll need if I'm not there to be the default emcee:

http://trizpug.org/meetings/how-to-emcee-a-regular-monthly-meeting

This all grew out of the Shotgun rules for Bay Area Debian meetings,
which while we don't follow by letter, we follow in spirit:

http://bad.debian.net/shotgun_rules.txt

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530