[TriZPUG] Job Posting

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:02:05 CET 2012

Please see below; This company in Downtown Durham wants someone with
Python, MySQL and MongoDB experience.  Posting is through a recruiter,
contacts below.

Job Description: Software Engineer

The company's software engineers develop cutting-edge, industry leading
technologies which are helping to define the next-generation of digital
media solutions. Our products and services are creating new opportunities
for the digital media industry with regards to search, recommendations and
navigation.

Candidates should have a Bachelors Degree with 3+ years of extensive work
experience, or equivalent, building web-based software products and
services, ideally utilizing open-source tools, in a team environment.

The main duties of this position are as follows:

• Participate in iteration and release planning.

• Deliver high quality products and services to our customers.

• Adhere to core design, development and testing principles set by team.

• Produce clear and thorough technical documentation.

• Other duties as needed.

Job Requirements and Qualifications include the following:

• Demonstrated competence in software engineering in a Linux environment.

• Demonstrated aptitude with programming (Java is a plus) and scripting
languages (Python is a plus).

• Demonstrated competence with relational database design and development
(MySQL is a plus).

• Experience with source control systems (SVN is a plus).

• Exposure to NoSQL/document database technology (MongoDB, Hadoop,
Voldemort).

• Exposure to web service development (REST, JSON and XML).

• Exposure to unit testing and unit test tools.

• Excellent written and oral communication skills.

Other Skills and Technologies that are desirable include:

• Agile Software Development methodologies.

• Familiarity with streaming media and transcoding technologies.

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to
me! Thank you and again I look forward to seeing you this afternoon!

Tristan Manley
Technical Recruiter
THE SELECT GROUP

Direct: 919.459.1109 | Cell: 336.456.2321
Tristan at theselectgroup.com
5420 Wade Park Blvd. Ste 100 | Raleigh, NC 27607

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com