[TriZPUG] Proposal: talk for next-ish meeting

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:07:41 CEST 2009

Hi all.

I just gave a talk at OSCON that might be nice to reuse at a ZPUG
meeting if there's any interest.  It would be titled "Launchpad
Foundations: If the Abstractions Don't Kill Us..." and the talk is
about how Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/ , sponsored by Canonical
and used to develop Ubuntu) uses the zope.interface and zope.component
libraries in the Launchpad software.

The talk is based on interviews: I wanted to see how engineers on the
team interacted with these packages, and what successes and problems
we had with them.  I close with some ideas on how we might improve our
use of the technologies, how the technologies might be changed
themselves, and how/whether they might be used in other contexts, like
Django.

As is, the talk is about 45 minutes long.  I could trim it, or take a
bit longer for questions.

I could do this August 27, or later.

Gary