[TriZPUG] Plone2PDF?

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Thu Aug 20 20:17:54 CEST 2009

I can't advise you on that specific product, but you might want to
look at these also:

http://plone.org/products/smartprintng/
http://plone.org/products/ploneoootransforms/

The prereqs, and thus the install, for any PDF transform product are
going to be convoluted because all the helper libraries are external
to the products (no need to rewrite them).

You are definitely on the right path, though, to get your organization
to use the CMS as a the content editing system instead of Word. You
can always export Word from HTML (look at those products above). But
HTML generated form Word is always going to be ugly to clean up (yes,
even after the existing products which tidy up Word output are used).
Using Word is irresponsible because it traps your content.