[triangle-zpug] Tuesday, January 22 TriZPUG meeting at Capstrat

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Jan 18 17:27:53 CET 2008

The meeting announcement is up:

http://trizpug.org/Members/psmith/jan-08-mtg

Please bring a lightning talk about what you've been doing with or
learned about Python or Zope.

We had a well attended and different sort of Plone Jam last night.
Present were Jim, Mark, Rob, Mike, Don, and me. Mike hosted. Thanks,
Mike! Mike suggested the next third Thursday Jam occur at UNC. OK, Mike!

We discussed a future Plone 3 boot camp. And we discussed walking
through this new tutorial at either or next Plone Jam (at Train of
Thought on Wed Feb 6) or at the upcoming meeting:

http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/customization-for-developers/

We discussed the local Python job market and openings and several Plone
consultancies.

We also discussed mechanisms for accomplishing a RecurringOrder content
type for greenjoes.com including using either a ZODB connection or web
services called from within either a cron job or using a zope clock
server. Rob and Jim traded some code.

Jim, Rob, Don, and I adjourned to The Federal for the further
philosophical discussion.

http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323