[triangle-zpug] TriZPUG homework

Robert Geiger robert at geigers.net
Wed May 30 02:42:51 CEST 2007

No question, designing software is worth doing.

I'm teaching/training people in the ICONIX methodology and it's a
superior fast track UML based approach that uses 4 diagrams to go from
analysis to code!

And it works!

And you document requirements, domain objects, use cases, etc.

We use Enterprise Architect as a uml design tool - it's a great value at
$100.  It just blows everything else away for the price, including the
open source (free) alternatives (at this time, anyway). (And I always
look to open source first)

ICONIX is, however, Design Tool independent.

ICONIX is the brainchild of my friend, Doug Rosenberg, who has been
teaching and writing books on the subject for over 15 years.  His latest
book just got the BEST BOOK REVIEW for a technology book that I have
EVER SEEN!  Check it out.

	http://www.javalobby.org/articles/usecase-object/

I'd be happy to do an ICONIX design session for the TriZPUG some time,
if there is any interest.

Robert Geiger
http://robert.geigers.net
919.271.7132