[Tkinter-discuss] IDLE can't be opened

Petr Tvrdik ptvrdik at genetics.utah.edu
Tue Jun 16 18:51:36 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have installed Python IDLE from https://www.python.org/downloads/

When I launch the IDLE program I get the error message “The application IDLE can’t be opened.”

However, the application WORKS IN ANOTHER ACOUNT on the same machine (Macbook Pro, mid 2010, updated to Yosemite 10.10.3)

I have also installed the latest ActiveTcl (buildno 298892) (which is the one recommended for the OS [ActiveTcl8.5.18.0.298892-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded.dmg]

What can I do to make this work? Possible interference with another tkinter? From this or the other login account?

Thank you for your input!

Best wishes,

Petr Tvrdik