[Tkinter-discuss] Checkbutton indicatoron ignored on Mac

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Thu Oct 25 18:15:53 CEST 2012

I just realized that the Checkbutton option "indicatoron" is being
ignored on Mac OS X: the checkbox is always shown, even if indicatoron
is false.

I'm using ActiveState's Tcl/Tk 8.5.11, specifically:
ActiveTcl8.5.11.1.295590-macosx10.5-i386-x86_64-threaded

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there a workaround? It ruins the
appearance of a lot of my application.

I see that ActiveState now has version 8.5.12 available and I'll give
that a try. Anyone know how reliable that is on Mac OS X? I've seen
warnings of bugs, but I don't know if they were fixed in time for that
release.

-- Russell