[Tkinter-discuss] tkinter - hopefully forecasting a very long life...

alexxxm magni at inrim.it
Thu Jul 7 09:11:53 CEST 2011

Hi Kevin, thank you for your reply.
I would not call it a production tool, maybe, since it will be used just by
me: I will upload it as free software of course, but I already know that
it's not something people are much interested into: a wiki-based
organization of the whole filesystem - if you're interested read a bit about
it in http://www.inrim.it/~magni/zimDMS.htm . I would not know how to manage
my hundreds of folders, hierarchies, projects, thoughts ... without it:
since I started using it it has been a real godsend.

At the moment, I have it perfectly working, running around the Zim wiki
http://www.zim-wiki.org/
My problem: I can trace the oldest data/thoughts in my disk to +/- 20 years
ago (old C64 programs!), and I imagine I will be around for much more time
:-) so I want to have an "infobase system" that will span decades, not
requiring restarting from scratch if a wiki or a toolkit isnt supported
anymore.
This of course implies a rigorous separation of the data from the GUI (as
Wayne correctly said!) and I'm already doing that... but since I'm not a GUI
programmer, I wanted something accessible, and at the same time something
with a looong future ahead!

alessandro