[Tkinter-discuss] Getting Tix to work on Win32?

Joe Veldhuis kd8atu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:03:17 CEST 2009

Hello to all!

I'm working on a project that uses the Tix widgets pretty heavily (the tixGrid widgit is pretty much the centerpiece of the whole thing). It's going great on Linux, but now I need to get it running on Windows.

The instructions for building Tix and its Python extension on Win32 are confusing and appear to be outdated, so can anyone who's done it recently tell me where to start? My Win32 dev machine is running WinXP-SP3 with Python 2.6.3 and Cygwin 1.7. MSVC is not installed at present but I have access to Visual Studio 2008 if I need it.

Thanks,
-Joe