[Tkinter-discuss] tkinter "monitor" and root.mainloop()

Marco gaedol at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:49:22 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am quite new to tkinter programming, and i have a question.

I am writing a "monitor": basically it reads a file on the filesystem
and reports it in a graphical way using python and tkinter.

Now the file, over time, changes, so once called root.mainloop() i'd
need to reread the file, update the objects in memory and redraw the
tkinter main window.

How can I achieve that? Ideas? Suggestions? Is my approach wrong?

Thanks,

marco