[Tkinter-discuss] [ANN] Ttk wrapper 0.0.9

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Thu May 15 02:17:51 CEST 2008

Hello,

Over the last weeks I've been doing a ttk wrapper as part of my GSoC
project and now I feel that I can announce it in hope some people
start using it.

What is Ttk ?

  This wrapper provides classes to allow using the Tk themed widget
set, which has been included in Tk 8.5 but can be used with earlier
versions if you have Tile installed. Ttk is based on a revised and
enhanced version of TIP #48 (http://tip.tcl.tk/48) specified style
engine.

  Its basic idea is to separate, to the extent possible, the code
implementing a widget's behavior from the code implementing its
appearance.
  Widget class bindings are primarily responsible for maintaining the
widget state and invoking callbacks, all aspects of the widgets
appearance lies at Themes.

Wrapper status

  I expect all the Ttk functionality to be available through this
wrapper, but I have said this some days ago as well and found out some
examples which failed to work and then I corrected the code. I guess I
will only be 100% sure of this after people start using it and
reporting problems, if there is some interest on this I can create a
project at code.google.com to serve this purpose.
  The wrapper comes with some samples and documentation too, which can
be improved a lot too, specially if people fail to use the wrapper,
try to use the docs and fail again and then report how they failed.

Getting it

  Right now you have to use svn to download the wrapper:

    svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc

  Alternatively, for Python 2.x you can download this file (access the
link and click on download):

    http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc/Lib/lib-tk/Ttk.py?rev=63254&view=markup

  Also, there is a site with some info regarding this project at:
http://gpolo.ath.cx:81/projects/ttk_to_tkinter/

Regards,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves