[stdlib-sig] ConfigParser - parsing options with no value

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 19 00:28:25 CEST 2009

Georg Brandl <g.brandl at ...> writes:

> Good point.  There's also an awful shortage of config parsers in the standard
> library; we should add one or two.

Way back in the mists of time, a ConfigParserShootout was mooted and a wiki page
dedicated to looking at alternative implementations - a whole bunch of
candidates were nominated (disclosure: including one that I wrote, but also
Michael's ConfigObj) but then it never went anywhere. Here's the link to the
Wiki page:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/ConfigParserShootout

Perhaps we should have a vote to select the one or two to include ;-)

Regards,

Vinay Sajip