[stdlib-sig] Suggested tweaks to http and xmlrpc packages

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Feb 4 23:02:42 CET 2008

Le lundi 04 février 2008 à 13:12 -0800, Brett Cannon a écrit :
> That is what I am starting to realize. If I had my way I would want to
> rename them:
>
> cookielib -> cookie.client
> Cookie -> cookie.server
>
> But that does not exactly follow Guido's shorter name desire. But
> considering Cookie breaks the naming scheme as it is and thus will
> have to be renamed and cookie is rather generic, we might be able to
> get away with this renaming. What do people think?

It sounds a bit bizarre to me. There is no such thing as a "cookie
server" or "cookie client". On the other hand "cookie.clientstorage" and
"cookie.serverstorage" is certainly too long.

It is also strange that Cookie and cookielib do not seem to share any
code (not even for parsing or encoding cookies).