[Spambayes] Your Product Chosen for PC World’s Privacy & Security CD-ROM

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Thu Jul 2 10:29:09 CEST 2009

On Wed, July 1, 2009 20:36, Lauren Barnard wrote:
> July 1, 2009
>

> To the F-Secure SpamBayes team:
>
> Congratulations!
>
> On behalf of PC World Magazine, I’m delighted to tell you that SpamBayes
> has been selected for possible inclusion on PC World’s upcoming Privacy
> &
> Security CD. This disc offers a collection of useful software tools that
> will be provided to our new subscribers in the fall this year.
>
> When you participate in the Privacy & Security CD-ROM, your software will
> be identified as a tool that tech-savvy computer users should know about.
> It’s great exposure, and it costs you nothing!
>
> Program details:  In addition to our award-winning technology coverage,
> new subscribers to PC World receive subscription premiums—free bonus
> gifts
> that enhance their subscription and provide them with useful technology
> tools, information and recommendations from PC World’s editors.
>
> The Security & Privacy CD-ROM will be available only to subscribers—our
> most loyal and highly valued customers—and not through newsstand sales.
>
> How to participate: To be included on the Privacy & Security CD-ROM,
> simply reply to this message with the following information:
>
> 1.       Your full company name
> 2.      Name of the software (and version number, if applicable) to be
> included; indicate if you have a separate version for Windows Vista users.
>
> 3.      Your name and title
> 4.      Provide the actual file to be included on the CD-ROM if it is not
> already available via our Downloads Library on PCWorld.com.
>
> By replying, you give PC World permission to include your software in the
> upcoming CD-ROM as described in this message.
>
> This is a one-time permission and does not authorize us to use your
> software for any other purpose.  If you’re not authorized to grant this
> kind of permission on behalf of your company, we’d appreciate it if you
> would forward this message to the appropriate contact person.
>
> Please note that because we’re on a very tight production schedule, only
> companies that respond by 5:00PM PST on Tuesday, July 14, 2009, will be
> eligible for inclusion on the Privacy & Security CD-ROM.
>
> I’d be glad to answer any questions you might have.
>
> We look forward to working with you!
>
> Sincerely, Lauren Barnard
>

> Lauren Barnard | Editorial Intern, PC World
> 501 Second Street | San Francisco, CA 94107
> lauren_barnard at pcworld.com | 415.978.3348

This looks like spam to me.
Or at least a not-so-bright editor of Yet Another computer magazine that
is a complete waste of trees.
Also Spambayes has no connection with F-Secure.

I don't speak on behalf of Spambayes, but because of its open license,
there is no permission needed to distribute it. The least amount of
research would have shown that.

--
Amedee