[Spambayes] FW: Auto-response for your message to the "SpamBayes" mailing list

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Tue Feb 3 11:26:43 CET 2009

On Tue, February 3, 2009 09:46, Gene Mannacio wrote:
> As a measure of the effectiveness of your product, or rather the lack
> thereof, please be advised that this automated reply to my prior e-mail
> ended up in my junk suspects file.  That would be good advertising, don't
> you think?  "So, effective we filter out our own messages to you!"  And,
> by
> the way, maybe you're right because this message assumes that I'm a fool
> and
> haven't thought of reading your FAQ.
>
> Gene Mannacio

Gene,

Spambayes isn't intended to be used by every single email user in the
world, unlike some commercial products. Spambayes doesn't advertise. It is
a niche product. Be happy that some people want to share their hobby
project with the world.

Clearly, you are not the intended audience of Spambayes. If you think it
sucks, then Don't Use It(tm)! You will not hurt any egos.

--
Amedee