[Spambayes] Spambayes load error - Bad Pickle Data??

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 15:05:59 CEST 2007

    Daniel> Here's the background info: the big new feature in ThunderBayes
    Daniel> is the fact that it ships with SpamBayes, so users don't need to
    Daniel> bother with installing and configuring that before ThunderBayes
    Daniel> will work. Unfortunately, this means that I had to set the
    Daniel> default database type used by ThunderBayes to the Pickle
    Daniel> protocol since BerkleyDB doesn't work on Mac OS X.

This was probably the correct choice, given the circumstances.  As long as
you only have one process reading/writing the file you should be fine.

What version of SpamBayes do you include with ThunderBayes?  I don't use
ThunderBayes, so I apologize if this is already the case, but would it be
possible to include the SpamBayes version when reporting the ThunderBayes
version?  The most ideal from my p.o.v. would be to list both and some
indication of whether SpamBayes was internal or external to ThunderBayes,
e.g., "1.0.1/1.1a4-ext" or "1.0.1/1.0.4-int".

Skip