[Spambayes] Randomized Spam Beating SpamBayes (SpamBayes: message 9 of 20)

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Tue Oct 17 23:51:07 CEST 2006

Op dinsdag 17-10-2006 om 14:20 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Quinn:
> Quinn> Is there any way to train for random gibberish,
> Quinn> or have they actually beaten SpamBayes?
>
> Skip> Well, the random gibberish is probably a prefix to a GIF
> Skip> image containing the real sales pitch.
>
> No, not that kind of gibberish.  Sentences, but sort of randomly put
> together.  Looks like they're farming news sites for body text:
>
> It is so nice to have some thing as entertainment in the mid of all the
> chaos we, here in Iraq, live daily which makes it impossible to change one's
> routine. For the first time, they say, they believe they have the manpower

*snip*

Sounds like something a "disociated press" or other random text
generator created.
Perhaps you know about the monkeys with a typewriter? If you let a
thousand monkeys press random keys on a typewriter, eventually one of
them will by accident write a few lines from a Shakespeare sonnet. These
random text generators work in a similar way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

--
Amedee