[Spambayes] Filter By Language? (SpamBayes: message 5 of 20)

Quinn Quinn at nobodysonline.com
Tue Oct 17 22:27:06 CEST 2006

Quinn> Is there any filtering done for language encoding, and/or is
Quinn> there a way to automatically consider everything in certain
Quinn> encoding to be spam?

Skip> Nope.  I believe the charset is probably just another token.
Skip> Nothing is cast in stone with SpamBayes.

So, it is at least considered, or was that an educated guess?

Skip> If your mail program can filter on it, go ahead and set up a
Skip> filter to trap those mails with Russian encodings.

Unfortunately, no.  :-(  I can filter for "Words in Header", but not
encoding.  I might be able to do it by learning the notations for the
encodings, though.  I hate Outlook.  If I were willing to use their junk
mail filter, I could filter by language, but it won't let you turn off
everything _but_ that.  Grr.

Quinn