[Spambayes] Filter By Language?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 17 13:30:53 CEST 2006

    Quinn> Is there any filtering done for language encoding, and/or is
    Quinn> there a way to automatically consider everything in certain
    Quinn> encoding to be spam?  On one address, I get miles and miles of
    Quinn> Russian spam, which SpamBayes seems to miss, I assume because the
    Quinn> encoding doesn't work so it all comes out as gibberish.

Nope.  I believe the charset is probably just another token.  Nothing is
cast in stone with SpamBayes.  All tokens (normal words and generated
tokens) are just inputs to the classifier.  None have veto power.

If your mail program can filter on it, go ahead and set up a filter to trap
those mails with Russian encodings.  Look at the Content-Type: header.

Skip