[Spambayes] Database Corruption

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 16 01:33:20 CEST 2005

> Yesterday I clicked on "Delete as Spam" instead of "delete" when I
> was deleting emails from my Outlook. This goof froze the computer
> for awhile. After it recovered the message appeared about database
> corruption. I tried to delete the whole program from my laptop but
> files remained, so I tried to delete as many as I could
> individually, but couldn't delete all of them. Figuring, maybe
> enough files were deleted, I download your newest free Spambayes,
> but it doesn't work, and I still get the message about data
> corruption. I try to enable the program and train it, but
> regardless, it doesn't work.

Delete the files "default_bayes_database.db" and
"default_messageinfo_database.db" in your data directory, and that
should work.  Your data directory will differ depending on what
version of Windows you're using; if it's Windows XP, then it will
probably be: 'C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data
\SpamBayes'.

The 'Application Data' directory is hidden by default, so the easiest
way to get to it is to show the 'Address Bar' in an explorer window
and type in the path, as above (substituting your username in).

=Tony.Meyer