[Spambayes] Spambayes is filtering mail I have destined for specific folders

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Nov 10 09:49:15 CET 2005

> Currently, I have several outlook 2003 rules that filter email
> (depending on their domain) to different folders.
>
> However, spambayes is quite frequently moving messages, which are
> legit email, to the junk email folder.
>
> How can I prevent spambayes from moving emails when an outlook rule
> explicitly moves the email out of my inbox and into a sub-folder
> under the inbox?

Don't filter those folders.  SpamBayes is designed to run after all
Outlook rules, so you should be able to filter only the Inbox, and
any messages that rules move elsewhere SpamBayes will never know exist.

If Outlook is abnormally slow, you might need to change the delay
that SpamBayes waits before processing mail.  This is found in the
Advanced tab of the SpamBayes Manager dialog.

It's also worth making sure that it is SpamBayes that's moving these
messages (and not, e.g., Outlook's own junk mail filter).  The
SpamBayes log (SpamBayes->SpamBayes Manager->Advanced->Diagnostics-
 >View Log) will have an entry for each message that SpamBayes filters.

=Tony.Meyer