[Spambayes] Plugin interaction with Outlook rules?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 15 23:29:34 CET 2005

> I am wondering if there is a way to have Outlook delay
> processing of On Arrival rules until after the SpamBayes
> plugin takes action.

As Kenneth said, it's much simpler to get SpamBayes to take action last
(this is a limitation of working with Outlook).

> For example, if I want to set up an Outlook rule to play a
> sound or to forward messages to a wireless device, I really
> don't want such a rule to be run until after SpamBayes has
> processed the message.

This sort of application is the reason that 1.1 will include the ability to
set an action to take for ham messages.  For example, you can have SpamBayes
filter your Inbox, moving all ham to a (eg) "Ham" folder, and then have
Outlook's rules process mail coming into that folder, rather than the Inbox.

I'm hoping to have 1.1a1 done next week (other work is finally settling
down), or you can run from CVS source, if you are able to set that up, right
now.  (The changes have been in place for some time).

As an aside, 1.1 also includes support for notification sounds.

> BTW, I am having SpamBayes filter IMAP inboxes.  Currently,
> SpamBayes will process the message, and if spam, will move
> from the IMAP inbox to the Junk folder.  However the Outlook
> On Arrival rules will continue to process the message as though
> it had not been deleted.
> Any ideas on how to solve this while still using the Outlook
> plugin?  I'd love to be able to use Outlook rules in conjunction
> with the SpamBayes plugin.

Maybe you need to adjust the timer values for the background filtering
option?

=Tony.Meyer