[Spambayes] RE: Taskbar

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 23 21:41:56 EST 2004

[For future reference - there's no need to reply to the autoresponder - your
message still goes through to the list; it just gives some immediate tips
that help some people.]

> After reading the troubleshooting page, and experimenting with some
> things, I still have a setup button on the taskbar below....I cannot
> close it, and I cannot shut my computer off.  Help!  What did I do?

If there is still a "Setup" item on the taskbar, it means that the setup
program is still running.  Did you go through the entire setup process,
right through to clicking a button labelled "Finish"?

What happens if you switch to the "Setup" application?  (Either by clicking
on "Setup", or by Alt-Tab'ing to it).

If it has got stuck somehow, then you may have to force it to quit via the
Task Manager.  You find this via Control-Alt-Delete.  Find the setup
application and force it to quit.  This may well mean that the install has
not completed, so when you re-open Outlook, SpamBayes may not be there.  I
haven't seen a report like this before, so it seems unlikely that it would
happen if you ran the installer again.

=Tony Meyer

---