[Spambayes] Outlook plugin error

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Thu Mar 6 09:05:47 EST 2003

From: Piers Haken [mailto:piersh at friskit.com]

> Paul, are you using any of:
> 1) oulook XP
> 2) hotmail plugin for (1)
> 3) exchange server

Yes, Exchange Server

> I'm wondering if the problem has anything to do with the fact that the
> spam field is set before the message is moved.

I'm not sure I see how, but I've no reason to think you're wrong, either.

I always assumed that it was somehow related to the fact that mails arrive
asynchronously, and could therefore arrive when the plugin "wasn't ready"
somehow. That implies (a) that some form of locking or queueing mechanism
is needed, and (b) that it's going to be bloody hard to diagnose or test :-)

But this is pure speculation on my part...

Paul.