[Spambayes] Promoting Spambayes (was Re: FYI: Java implementation)

Neil Schemenauer nas at python.ca
Tue Jan 21 08:31:48 EST 2003

Matt Sergeant wrote:
> Mozilla and SpamAssassin both copy their bayesian code from spambayes
> (including tokenisation ideas and combiners).

I, for one, am extremely pleased to hear that.  It would be a shame if
people kept using Paul Graham's original algorithm after all the work
that was put in improving Spambayes.  Despite what was said at the spam
conference, I think the algorithm is important.

> It's nice to be proud of software, but when it's open source you kinda
> leave it wide open for us to nab your ideas ;-)

I think the concern was that people won't nab the ideas (because they
didn't know about them).

  Neil