[Spambayes] Re: SpamBayes Outlook Plug-In

David Leftley spambayes at djl.freeuk.com
Tue Apr 8 12:16:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:10:26 +1000, Mark Hammond
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>Would it be possible to try another change for me instead?  Revert
>filter.py, and in msgstore.py's Save method, find the line:
>
>            self.mapi_object.SaveChanges(mapi.KEEP_OPEN_READWRITE |
>USE_DEFERRED_ERRORS)
>
>And remove "USE_DEFERRED_ERRORS" from it.  See if the behaviour changes.  If
>not, then try finding the definition of USE_DEFERRED_ERRORS, and change it
>to 0, thereby preventing *any* code in this file passing that funky MAPI
>flag.

I have made this change (to the Save method, not removing the
definition altogether) and it seems to fix the problem for me. I
haven't yet been quick enough to open a message before spambayes gets
its hands on it, but messages are now being updated to show their
score as soon as they come in, and stay "read" when I open them.

David.