[Spambayes] IMAP Filter

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Apr 7 19:43:35 EDT 2003

>>> Anthony Baxter wrote
> Would another option be to use IMAP flags? You could use IMAP's STORE
> +FLAGS Spam, STORE +FLAGS Ham, STORE +FLAGS Unsure. Or alternately
> simply use a flag on the messages in the inbox that are already scanned.
>
> The former would allow you to do filtering on more than the inbox...

Just looking at imapfilter.py as it is - appending the trained messages
to the mailbox will mess up the original delivery date on most mailboxes,
and may also make a seen but unrated message unseen again. The code also
doesn't seem like it's checking for UIDVALIDITY responses.

The comment:
        # we can't actually update the message with IMAP
        # XXX (someone tell me if this is wrong!)

is correct. This is why you might want to consider using flags instead
of re-writing the message.

Anthony