[spambayes-dev] Another incremental training idea...

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Thu Jan 15 13:03:39 EST 2004

In message:  <LNBBLJKPBEHFEDALKOLCEEPKIFAB.tim.one at comcast.net>
             "Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

>I don't think we've seen enough to draw a conclusion about non-insane
>imbalance in other ways of training.  Alex has presented the most evidence
>about longer-term effects of non-TOE, time-respecting training, and he seems
>to do OK under those despite that his imbalance gets worse over time (and
>certainly more imbalanced than I can tolerate in a variety of real-life ad
>hoc training regimes).

FWIW, my FN rate has dropped back to what I consider normal (the
Nigerian business-deals and maybe 3-6 others per day) with my latest
retraining, even though I remain at 50:1 trained (with TOAE).  I
assume I got enough counter-examples to offset the mistake I made,
since I haven't gone through to find the mistake yet (still working
on updating my installation to latest code and separating my mail
into monthly directories).

- Alex