[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes-checkins] spambayes/spambayesmessage.py, 1.39, 1.40 storage.py, 1.35, 1.36

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 21:58:33 EDT 2003

[Tim Peters]
>> After the last round of worm spew subsided,

[Tony Meyer]
> It's subsided for you?

Almost completely, yes.  My primary ISP account always filtered out the "MS
Security Pack" worms proper, so "worm spew" for me was mostly thousands of
bounces due to braindead servers bouncing worm messages back to me (due to
having one of my email addresses forged as the sender address).

> I was also thinking that one other thing that we could maybe do would
> be to catch the DBRunRecoveryError and print out our own message
> instead (so that people stop asking for the recovery program).  Good
> idea?

Maybe.  Since I haven't seen any of these errors, I don't know how calm I'd
be if I did <wink>.  Something more evident would be better than sitting
dead in the water, though!