[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] imapfilter

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Jun 23 17:10:17 EDT 2003

[Moved from spambayes at python.org]

> I'll give both a spin in the next day or so (checking P...FLAGS and
> trying your modification).

Thanks.

> > If anyone has both time and access to a server that has
> > messages with this 'NotJunk' flag, then they could play
> > around and figure out what the rules about it are.
> I'll poke at this as well.

That would be great.  I googled about it, and there was one very similar
message, but it didn't really hold any useful information.  It does
suggest that something is special about this flag.

> And thanks for correcting my misunderstanding about how flags are
> supposed to work. Obviously, I should read the RFC,
> especially if I am to contribute a patch that doesn't break things
> for other servers.

My biggest mistake when originally writing imapfilter was to base it on
another imap filter and fix things that didn't work, instead of going
from the RFC in the first place.  That said, the RFC is a pain to work
through, and hopefully can be mostly used as a reference now.

If you don't want to read the RFC, you can always run the idea behind
the patch past -dev first, where hopefully someone will point out any
potential problem :)

> Should we move this discussion to -dev?

Done :)

=Tony Meyer