[spambayes-dev] improving dumbdbm's survival chances...

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Tue Jul 15 10:05:41 EDT 2003

I'm running again now, with exported and reimported data, although there
really wasn't that much of it.

My shortcut has this for a target: "C:\Program
Files\spambayes\pop3proxy.py" -D hammie.pkl

My bayescustomize.ini looks like this:

[Headers]
include_score:True
[html_ui]
display_to:True
[Storage]
persistent_storage_file:hammie.pkl
persistent_use_database: False
[pop3proxy]
listen_ports:1110
remote_servers:mail.whidbey.com
add_mailid_to:header
notate_subject:True
[pop3proxy]
add_mailid_to:header

We'll see if it continues to behave, and I guess I need to do the same
with the other machine running the proxy, although I don't think I'll
bother to save the data on that one.

Van

"Meyer, Tony" wrote:

> > Alas, if Van's using dumbdbm now, his databases are very
> > likely corrupt. Trying to salvage them is going to be more
> > trouble than it's worth.  Van, I suggest you just retrain
> > from scratch.
>
> Good point.  This does make the 'easiest' method even easier:
>
> 1. Delete hammie.db/hammie.dir/hammie.dat/spambayes.messageinfo.db
> 2. Add these lines (only) to the bayescustomize.ini file:
>     [Storage]
>     persistent_use_database: False
>
> And you're done (although you're back to everything scoring 0.5).
>
> (This gives you pickles; for pydsddb the older instructions, minus the
> dbExpImp part, or Skip's instructions should work fine).
>
> =Tony Meyer

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,