[spambayes-dev] improving dumbdbm's survival chances...

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jul 15 20:04:33 EDT 2003

> Well, it's pushing midnight here so I probably shouldn't be
> messing with dangerous stuff like this right now.

Wise plan :)  (It's only 7pm here, so still fairly safe).

> First, I have been running the pop3proxy by doubleclicking on
> pop3proxy.py, on one machine I just made a shortcut to that
> in the Startup folder. Using a shortcut I certainly can add
> the extra parameters, I just hadn't before.

You can still do just the same thing if you add the entries to the .ini
file.  (They do the same thing as adding the parameters).

> Also, there is no reference to hammie.db in bayescustomize.ini.

Ah - should have thought for a bit longer (I also misspelt the filename
in English instead of American).  Since this is the default name, there
wouldn't be.  In that case, just under the 'Storage' bit in the last
email, also add:
    persistent_storage_file:hammie.pkl

> I assume the first two commands are to create a pickle file
> from my current dumbdbm file?

Yes, the dbExpImp commands convert the db to a text file first, then
from a text file to the end database (in the "easiest" method, to a
pickle, in the "second easiest" method, to a db in the new bsdbb3
format).

=Tony Meyer