[spambayes-dev] Bug messages

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sat Aug 30 22:38:57 EDT 2003

[Tony Meyer]
>>> Now this isn't important, but I'm curious :)
>>>
>>> Recently (I think), the messages to the bug list are missing a
>>> space. Specifically, the space after the second word of the (bug)
>>> subject. For example:
>>>
>>> [spambayes-bugs] [ spambayes-Feature Requests-791246 ] IMAP: keepnew
>>> messages unread Summary: IMAP: keep new messages unread

[Tim]
>> Heh.  I'm not sure what this is an example of.  Could you be very
>> explicit about what it is in that two lines of stuff you're talking
>> about?

[Mark Hammond]
> The Subject line of the bug includes the string "IMAP: keepnew", but
> the bug summary itself contains the string "IMAP: keep new".
> Something is removing a single space character in the bug summary as
> it appears in the subject of the mail, but not in the body or
> anywhere else.
>
> I've pondered the same thing.  Maybe it is a gravity issue, and that
> first space can't handle the world down under?

Thanks for the clarification!  The problem is obvious now, but the cause is
not.

If there's an ongoing problem here, it has to be due to something SF is
doing.  The only control we (project admins) have over the bug-report email
is:

1. whether or not to send it;

and,

2. if we do want to send it, the email address to which it gets sent.

So the only thing anyone did here was tell SF to email bug tracker stuff to
spambayes-bugs at python.org.  There are no other hooks into that system (e.g.,
we don't run any scripts when bug email is generated, and couldn't even if
we wanted to).  Sounds like a PHP bug to me <wink>.