[spambayes-dev] Bug messages

Mark Hammond mhammond at keypoint.com.au
Sat Aug 30 11:01:11 EDT 2003

> [Tony Meyer]
> > Now this isn't important, but I'm curious :)
> >
> > Recently (I think), the messages to the bug list are
> missing a space.
> > Specifically, the space after the second word of the (bug) subject.
> > For example:
> >
> > [spambayes-bugs] [ spambayes-Feature Requests-791246 ] IMAP: keepnew
> > messages unread Summary: IMAP: keep new messages unread
>
> Heh.  I'm not sure what this is an example of.  Could you be
> very explicit
> about what it is in that two lines of stuff you're talking about?

The Subject line of the bug includes the string "IMAP: keepnew", but the bug
summary itself contains the string "IMAP: keep new".  Something is removing
a single space character in the bug summary as it appears in the subject of
the mail, but not in the body or anywhere else.

I've pondered the same thing.  Maybe it is a gravity issue, and that first
space can't handle the world down under?

Mark.