[spambayes-dev] CVS branch for new Outlook dialog work.

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Aug 5 23:13:31 EDT 2003

The 'outlook-dialog-branch' should be close to baked.  Everything should be
working correctly (including the "Folder Selector" code :).  A few of the
Tooltip bubbles could do with some work, but these are maintained in the
default options documentation strings.

This new code does not depend on "win32ui", which is the module that exposes
the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC).  All our dialogs are now "raw"
windows API calls.  This will reduce the size of the distribution
significantly, but more importantly fix the bugs with the "autocomplete" and
other functions not working in later versions of Outlook.

Some more work will need to be dont WRT the binary - we now rely on a .rc
and .bmp file at runtime that we need to ensure end up in a reasonable
place.

Remember that as this is still on a branch, it is a perfect time to test -
you just revert back to the trunk should you have problems.  However, once I
merge it in (which wont be for a little while), backing out will be harder.
So don't say I didn't warn you :)

Also, in case you have an itch in this direction, I would be happy to accept
patches to the .rc file that tweak the dialogs.  Just open this .rc file in
MSVC, and off you go.

Thanks,

Mark.