[Soc2015-general] A few things to note about applications

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Tue Mar 24 07:17:15 CET 2015

Hi all!

I've got a couple of reminders for students who are apply with us based
on frequent questions.

1. Don't forget your proof of eligibility!

You can't submit an application without it, so if you can't see an
application form, that might be why!

2. Please remember to put the name of your sub-org in the title of your
application.

The mentors see all of the applications for all of our sub-orgs, so
they're currently sifting through over 60 applications.  If yours
doesn't show up in a quick search, you may miss out on valuable feedback
and mentor attention!

3. It's not too late!

I've heard a lot of people bemoan that they're starting the process
late, and while that's true, it doesn't mean you're ineligible.  You
still have most of a workweek to shine, so don't self-select out just
yet.  Be active now and through the selection process, and let your
mentors decide if you're a student they want to work with!  We're
required by google to consider you as a potential student as long as you
get those applications in on time!

  Terri