[Shtoom] About the present shtoom/doug status

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Jan 31 13:58:48 CET 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 09:36, Todor Bukov wrote:
> I was looking for SIP/voice libraries to include it into a Python
> project and I was quite surprised to find out that there is already a
> complete application  - shtoom. I read the paper in python.org and the
> project home page, but I found that 0.2 version is rather old and 0.3
> is yet to come.

Yes - getting a new release out has turned into quite the nightmare.
I'm working very hard on finishing off the bits I still have to do to
make this happen.

> Could someone give me more information about the
> current status of the project and when the next version is expeted to
> be released?

"Soon" is the best answer I can give you, I'm afraid - I'd be very
disappointed if it's not during February some time. Having said
that, the current SVN trunk (see instructions on the webpage at
shtoom.divmod.org) is pretty stable, and there's been a huge amount
of stuff added since 0.2

> I also consider to get involved into this project and
> would like to review the documentation. I'll be very thankfull if you
> inform me whether the project is still in active development and who
> maintain it (is sourceforge.net information up to date)?

The project is no longer at sourceforge, but at shtoom.divmod.org.
It's very much a live project.

Anthony