[SciPy-User] Naming Ideas

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:41:07 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 4:57 AM, Almar Klein <almar.klein at gmail.com> wrote:
> I dont think that the name pylab implies a matlab *clone*. An alternative
> perhaps, which is true in many ways.

Agreed, no more than scilab is taken to be a matlab clone (which it
isn't).  It's just a union of python and lab, something that brings up
ideas of science and experimentation.

BTW, on another thread I just got reminded of the name John Hunter and
I started using years ago for our workshops, which I've also kept at
Berkeley for various activities: py4science.  I own all the domains
(org, net, com) and would be happy to transfer them if that name
sticks.