[SciPy-User] Status of TimeSeries SciKit

Wes McKinney wesmckinn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:25:15 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2011, at 2:30 PM, Paul Bilokon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to find out about the status of the TimeSeries SciKit. It looks like it hasn't been updated for some years. Has the development ceased?
>
> Years is an overstatement...
> The scikits hasn't been updated in a while, yes. The two developpers got really busy on other projects (like, jobs to pay bills) and  unfortunately don't  currently have the time to keep it up-to-date.
> *If* I could find a job that would leave me a bit of time to work on it, I'd try to support the new date time type. But until then, further developments are in limbo and support limited.
> That doesn't mean that you'd be on your own, questions will still be answered...

hi Paul,

Skipper and I (statsmodels) relatively recently discussed moving
scikits.timeseries to GitHub and maintaining it there since we work on
models for time series analysis. I work very actively on time
series-related functionality in pandas so it might not even be
unthinkable to merge together the projects (scikits.timeseries and
pandas) and integrate all the numpy.datetime64 stuff once the dust
settles there. Just thinking out loud.

- Wes