[SciPy-User] Reproducible Research academic reference

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:43:25 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two semi-related links from me:

This reminded my that I had a little link dump of stuff I read while
preparing my talk, might be useful here...

Killed by Code: Software Transparency in Implantable Medical Devices

    * Karen Sandler
    * Lysandra Ohrstrom
    * Laura Moy
    * Robert McVay

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2010/transparent-medical-devices.html

The Climate Code Foundation
===========================

http://clearclimatecode.org/the-climate-code-foundation/

Welcome to EuSpRIG, the World’s premier site for information, action,
conferences and dialogue on Spreadsheet Risk Management.

http://www.eusprig.org/index.htm

Wikipedia Entry on Iraq War Turned Into Actual Encyclopedia
http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/07/wikipedia-entry-on-iraq-war-turned-into-actual-encyclopedia/

GSOC summit session on open science
===================================

Summary notes:
http://etherpad.osuosl.org/open-source-science

Other links
=========

>From a Kitware developer:
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/67

What is "Reproducibility," Anyway?
http://www.scimatic.com/node/361

>From Titus Brown: mock reply to NSF data management request
http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/may-10/data-management.html

UTOSC: Applying open source ideals to more than software
http://lwn.net/Articles/410555/#Comments

How science funding is putting scientific data at risk
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2010/10/how-science-funding-is-putting-scientific-data-at-risk.ars

Preserving science: what data do we keep? What do we discard?
By John Timmer
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2010/11/preserving-science-choosing-what-data-to-discard.ars

Science's burden: storing terabytes of research data for decades
http://arstechnica.com/science/news/2011/02/how-to-handle-data-in-science.ars

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/331/6018/649.full
“To address the growing complexity of data and analyses, Science is
extending our data access requirement listed above to include computer
codes involved in the creation or analysis of data.”