[SciPy-User] Some interactive Python tutorials on basic stats, possibly useful for teaching

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 21:27:15 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Except it would add 100% time in administrative overhead for me, and I
>> would still download them and make local changes (as with Alexandre's
>> permutation test), instead of firing up git. (And, when I'm allowed
>> to, they or a variation of them will eventually end up in
>> statsmodels.)
>
> Not trying to push you in any direction, just wanted to clarify that
> you can use gist, fork and contribute to a snippet without knowing
> that git exists.  I just grabbed some random snippet:
>
> https://gist.github.com/826461
>
> clicked the 'fork' button and then had my own fork, changed the code
> in the web browser by clicking on the 'Edit' button, and clicked  the
> 'Save Gist' button, and now my fork shows two new revisions:
>
> https://gist.github.com/826469
>
> Again, this isn't trying to be pushy with you, just showing how this
> system lets anyone fork, evolve and contribute to any trivial snippet
> without even knowing what git is for or having it installed on their
> computer.  All they need is a web browser.

Thanks for the explanation, I got my first gist clone, and I take back
the 100 percent overhead.

Is there a way to see the changesets, the diff between different
revisions or forks? I didn't find a button.

Maybe a nice complement to the mailinglist, which for me still has the
advantage of instant search.

Josef