[SciPy-User] Mismatch architecture type, compiling scipy on Mac 10.6

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:50:23 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 17:52, Jeremy Conlin <jlconlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:32 PM, David <david at silveregg.co.jp> wrote:

>> Don't use g95, it has caused too many issues, especially on mac os x.
>> Use gfortran, the one available on http://r.research.att.com/tools/ (NOT
>> the one on hpc.sourceforge.org, which does not work well either).
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately I can't install a
> precompiled binary since I do not have root access on my machine.

You can also extract the files from the package into a location that
you do have permissions for.

[Downloads]$ open gfortran-4.2.3.dmg
[Downloads]$ pax -zrvf /Volumes/GNU\ Fortran\
4.2.3/gfortran.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz
.
./usr
./usr/local
./usr/local/bin
./usr/local/bin/gfortran
./usr/local/bin/gfortran-4.0
./usr/local/bin/gfortran-4.2
[Downloads]$ mv ./usr/local ~/gfortran
[Downloads]$ ~/gfortran/bin/gfortran
i686-apple-darwin8-gfortran-4.2: no input files

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco