[SciPy-User] Lots of warnings, errors and a segmentation fault in scipy.test()

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Nov 29 09:38:36 EST 2010

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:57:53 +0100, Gerrit Holl wrote:
[clip]
> test_complex_dotc (test_blas.TestFBLAS1Simple) ... Segmentation fault
>
> Full log at: http://www.sat.ltu.se/~gerrit/crashlog
>
> Something incompatible between scipy and BLAS?

Possibilities:

- Your BLAS installation is broken or its C/ZDOTC routines are buggy.

- You have compiled the BLAS library and Scipy with different Fortran
  compilers whose ABI is not compatible (I'm not sure how strictly
  Fortran standards specify intercompatibility).

In both cases, you would get a similar crash with a pure-Fortran program
invoking ZDOTC or CDOTC.

--
Pauli Virtanen