[SciPy-User] OT: matplotlib.testing

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 08:40:40 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Andrew Straw <strawman at astraw.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/10 8:23 PM, josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
>> How do I get access to the testing facilities of matplotlib?
>>
>> How do I get access to it, and are there any docs for doing testing of
>> matplotlib plots ?
>>
> There's not much in the way of documentation for the testing
> infrastructure. You can see example tests in the
> lib/matplotlib/tests/*.py files in the MPL source.
>
> The MPL testing facilities only made their debut in 1.0, if I recall
> correctly.

Thanks for the information,
I will look at whether I can copy some of the testing facilities, so I
can follow the examples in the tests. So far, I only looked briefly at
the mpl testing source, because I thought I'm missing something.

(Unfortunately, I don't want to risk upgrading to mpl 1.0 until I find
the time to get away from numpy 1.4.0)

Josef