[SciPy-user] python windows set up

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 16 15:57:36 EDT 2009

Hi Karl,
sorry for advertising my own stuff....
but maybe you wouldn't mind trying this on windows:
if you get the file:
Priithon_25_win#20081219.zip
from http://code.google.com/p/priithon/downloads/list

you would actually not even have to download/install Python first.
Just extract this above zip file into the C directory, and it creates
a new directory:
C:/Priithon_25_win
There start: priithon_script.bat and see what happens
(or priithon_script_oldDiv.bat, if you prefer 3/2 to be 1 rather than 1.5)
It should start a graphical python shell based on wxPython - PyShell -
so no IDLE, or IPython, but I have some tab-completion.

This is my packages, that I have put together to target image
processing of microscopy data.
In case you get interested, you could get more help on the Priithon
mailing-list (no traffic yet ;-)

Cheers,
Sebastian Haase