[SciPy-user] Relatively simple PDE's and Scipy

Sebastian Walter sebastian.walter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 05:58:25 EDT 2009

I'm not sure I understand correctly: but if you want a quick way to
solve such problems you can use the "method of lines":
I.e. discretize either the time t or the space x and then apply an ODE
solver available in scipy:

e.g. the above equation leads to a system of ODEs
\partial_t f(x_n,t) + [g(x_{n+1})  - g(x_n})]/h = 0      n=0,...,N_gridsize

where h = x_{n+1} - x_n
and g = f(t,x)/x