[SciPy-user] [Timeseries] Linux installation error

Francesc Alted faltet at pytables.org
Fri Apr 3 02:44:58 EDT 2009

A Friday 03 April 2009, Christiaan Putter escrigué:

> Pytables doesn't play well with threading though even though I'm
> using locks in any block of code that so much as sniffs at the hdf5
> file (strangely though it's rather stable on linux but crashes
> horribly on windows without even the courtesy of a trace back).

Please could you be more explicit on the sort of problems that you are
experiencing?  I'd be glad to discuss them (in the PyTables list,
preferably) and see if they can be addressed in some way or another.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Alted

"One would expect people to feel threatened by the 'giant
brains or machines that think'.  In fact, the fightening
computer becomes less frightening if it is used only to
simulate a familiar noncomputer."

-- Edsger W. Dykstra
   "On the cruelty of really teaching computer science"